On March 23rd The Duluth Experience will begin its 4-part series of live panel discussions covering the business and art of craft brewing and the rise of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene. The events will provide a behind-the-scenes perspective of the regional craft beer industry and the great people involved in pushing the North Shore Craft Beer Scene to the forefront of the expanding craft beer industry.
The March event will bring together five brewery owners – Eddie Gleason [Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery], Tim Nelson [Fitger’s Brewhouse], Steve Knauss [Thirsty Pagan Brewing], Rockie Kavajecz [Canal Park Brewing Company], and Bryon Tonnis [Bent Paddle Brewing Company]. Moderated by The Duluth Experience’s Paul Helstrom, the discussion will cover the key elements of creating a successful brand and the challenges of the operating brewpubs and production breweries under the Minnesota’s current legal framework. Finally, the conversation will focus on the uniqueness of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene and its past, present, and future.
Subsequent installments of the North Shore Craft Beer Roundtable will focus on the brewers that have crafted the distinct flavor of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene [April 13th] and the emergence of beer-related businesses [May 18th]. The final event on June 22nd will bring together a panel of women that are pushing the region’s craft beer industry in deliciously creative directions.
All 4 events will be held from 1-2pm at Duluth’s Teatro Zuccone in the Zeitgeist Arts Building at 222 East Superior Street. Tickets for each event are only $5 and all proceeds from the event will be donated to a local charity. For more information about the North Shore Craft Beer Roundtable call (218) 464-6337 or visit The Duluth Experience website at: www.theduluthexperience.com/special-events/craft-beer-roundtable/
March 23rd: “The Drink of Opportunity” – A Discussion with Brewery & Brewpub Owners
Moderated by: Paul Helstrom – The Duluth Experience
- Eddie Gleason – Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery
- Tim Nelson – Fitger’s Brewhouse
- Steve Knauss – Thirsty Pagan Brewing
- Rockie Kavajecz – Canal Park Brewing Co.
- Bryon Tonnis – Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
April 13th: “Crafting the North Shore Beer Scene” – The Brewers Roundtable
Moderated by: Tim Wilson – The Duluth Experience
- Dave Hoops – Fitger’s Brewhouse
- Dale Kleinschmidt – Lake Superior Brewing Co.
- Jason Baumgarth – Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery
- Jeremy King – Canal Park Brewing Co.
- Brian Schanzenbach – Blacklist Brewing
May 18th: “Riding the Wave of Beer” – Craft Beer Related Business
Moderated by: James Sanders – The Duluth Experience
- Marissa Sauer – Northlandbeer.com
- Paul Riordan – Brule River Hill Top Hops
- Brad Nelson – Star Creative
- Carolyn Jones – CMT Farm
- Paul Helstrom – The Duluth Experience
June 22nd: “Women of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene” – A Candid Discussion on the State of Women in Brewing
Moderated by: Elissa Hansen – Barley’s Angels Duluth/Superior Chapter
- Allyson Rolph – Thirsty Pagan Brewing
- Jamie MacFarlane – Castle Danger Brewing
- Liz Gleason – Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery
- Laura Mullen – Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Melissa Rainville – Fitger’s Brewhouse